Let me take you back in time, back many a year ago, where this story begins.
The first time I discovered Abercrombie and Fitch I was in middle school, back to school shopping, when we walked by a store that smelled like a teenage boy. We walked in and my mom ended up buying me my very first A&F shirt (a burnt orange, very unattractive, graphic tee that I had to have). Abercrombie was my very first fashion crush, the first store that I would literally make me weak in the knees. I would go in there every time we went to the mall, even though it was way too expensive for me, and I dreamed of working there. (Dream big, 12 yr old Elle.)
When I was 15 I walked into an Abercrombie on this very type of day, a "I wanna just stare at all the clothes" day, a bored summer day, and met the boy that became my very first love. He got me my first "real job" there, and we spent a few summers working there together. I worked there all through high school and college.
You could say it has a very special place in my heart.
But, as the years went on Abercrombie became... stagnant. I outgrew the fashions, and their fashions outgrew fashion (seriously, what even happened to that store?!) until I all but forgot about it. Until last week...
My mom needed a denim jacket, and asked me to see if they had any, and oh my goodness, what happened to this store? Did they get bought out? *Googles "Did Abercrombie get bought out?"* *OMG THEY DID.* Well, not exactly, but basically they were going bankrupt so they changed the whole store, and I like it.
I promptly placed an order and I am so pleased with everything. Here's what I got:
They even have leggings with stirrups, which I have looked for everywhere. They even sell black now. When I worked there they adamantly never sold black ever ever ever.
1. Drapey Knot Front Tee: I bought this top in 3 colors, white, grey, and the navy stripes, and I'm so glad I did. This is so flattering, and gives a little something to an otherwise plain tee.
2. Low Rise 4 Inch Denim Shorts: I bought these to suit my needs of wanting short shorts that weren't too short. I'm not 15 anymore, I don't want my butt hanging out of my jeans (I mean... I want it to almost hang out, but not quite. It's a fine line.) and these shorts are perfect. I approve.
3. Dark Brown Leather Flip Flops: I wanted a classic pair of flip flops to wear to the beach this summer, and to Target, and around the house, and, well, I live in flops like these. So into the cart they went. I love them, they are very comfy with a bit of a cushion to it.
4. Crochet Bralette: This was a bit of a WTF purchase to be honest. I'm not sure why I thought my 32DDD's would fit nicely into a bralette by a brand known for flat chested models, but actually, it's not too bad. I might wear this under something, or not, I'm not sure.
5. Lace Trim Printed Short: I feel that these is an item that people will either love and see the fashion to it, or hate and think I shopped in an old ladies sewing bag. I happen to be the former, and I love them. I wore them on the plane to Punta Cana and they were the perfect traveling shorts.
Overall, I'm super impressed and Abercrombie is coming back onto my radar, and not just for nostalgic reasons.