1) Whole Foods Chocolate Covered Almonds. OMG you guys. I have become obsessed. I have one girl who works at the Sticker Shop who has quite the sweet tooth, and she would bring a baggie of these to work every now and then and snack on these. She also happens to be the girl who shares a desk in the same room as me (the other girls work in the next room over) so I would watch her eat these daily. Now, I like chocolate covered almonds as much as the next person, but I don't seek them out. They aren't super special.
OH BUT THEY ARE.
One day, she left for lunch, and came back with a baggie for her, and a baggie for me. Now, she gets me a baggie every few days when she gets one for herself. I. am. addicted.
I tried to offer them to Alex but he said they "made his cheeks itch." That's fine, more for me.
2) The baby cat. Don't get me wrong, Pee-cone is like, the love of my life, but Baby Cat has just stolen our hearts. Alex is obsessed with the baby cat. He asked me the other day, "Do you think we can bring the cats and ALSO their cat tree (lol) to the hotel for our wedding? I just don't think it would be the same without them..."
Also baby cat is no longer a baby but rather a tyrannical teenager but his name will unfortunately forever be baby cat. We keep trying to make other names stick but they just won't. The closest we have come is "Baby Bat" which is what we are currently calling him so... there's that.
|The Baby Cat and Pee-Cone, watching the rain fall.|
3) The TV show "Girls". My friend Andrea recommended this to me and I started it only to binge a whole season in one sitting. I started up season 2 and Alex walked in, started watching with me, and got hooked. We binged all of season 2 in a week and are now watching season 3. It is honestly the weirdest show ever and I'm not sure I would recommend it to anyone, yet I love it and we watch it like "lol". Also it's NSFW or airplanes, which I learned the hard way (sorry guy in seat 3B).
1) Movies with subtitles. Call me vapid but I don't want to read subtitles. I would rather play Panda Pop on my phone as I casually listen to whatever mindless babble is on the TV, I don't want to have to READ the movie. Alex loves subtitles and gets minority offended when I don't want to watch something because of the subtitles. Like EX-SKEWS-ME.
2) Coffee that sucks. Seriously though, Alex described this mornings hotel coffee like "a vanilla wafer stuck in an old mans shoe" and it was so disgustingly spot on that I laughed and coffee came out my nose. I'm a coffee snob with very low standards (hello, I love my Keurig) and this stuff wouldn't even pass if I was on the moon.
3) The one eyelash that won't fall off. I have eyelash extensions (I've been getting them on and off for a year) but I haven't had a touch up in 2 weeks and so they are all gone except one who is adamently holding on for dear life. It's the lone solider, carrying on doing his job with dignity and respect.
And that's about it for now. Over and out, Captain Crunch.